Game of Chance | Find The Bitcoin T&Cs
Find The Bitcoin
(Bitcoin prize(s) fullfilled bythe Trader)
Better Beer Company Pty Ltd
ABN 68 652 336 822
16 The Esplanade, Torquay VIC 2338
ABN 19 619 574 186
'SUITE 4' UNIT 5 40 GREEN STREET WINDSOR VIC 3181
All Australian States & Territories (excluding NT, ACT & SA)
The Promotion starts at 09:00am AEDT on 01 July 2023. The Promotion closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 31 July 2023.
Entry is open to Australian residents (excluding NT, ACT & SA), aged 18 years or older at the commencement of the Promotion.
How to enter:
To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, an entrant must:
(a) purchase a specially marked six (6) pack or case (24) of Better Beer Zero Carb cans from either Dan Murphy’s or a BWS store within Australia which displays advertising for this Promotion (“Participating Venues”) and retain their purchase receipt;
(b) locate one of four (4) specially marked cans containing the winning can bearing a QR code; and
(c) (if winning can is found) visit the promotional website (by scanning the QR code on the winning can or visit
betterbeer.com.au) and follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online claim form with their personal details as requested.
To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, an entrant must:
(a) purchase a Better Beer Zero Carb beer from a participating on-premise venue displaying advertising for this Promotion. Entrants will then receive a promotional Better Beer scratch card (“Scratch Card”) at the time of purchase, while stocks
(b) scratch the Scratch Card to reveal a unique code; and
(c) to enter the prize draw for on-premise purchases, visit betterbeer.com.au to enter your code together with your contact details.
For retail purchases:
Winners must produce the winning, specially marked can. If requested by the Promoter, winners must also produce their purchase receipt and proof of age and State/Territory residency.
For on-premise purchases:
If requested by the Promoter, the winner must produce their Scratch Card and proof of age and State of residency.
There are five (5) prizes available in the entire Promotion, being five (5) x bitcoins, valued at approximately $35,000 each (based on the market value as at 01 March 2023).
For retail purchases: There will be four (4) specially marked can containing the winning message distributed in each store (BWS and Dan Murphy’s) with a total of four (4) winning cans in the entire Promotion for retail purchases.
For on-premise purchases: The winner will be determined via random draw, with the first drawn winner to receive the Prize.
Total Prize Pool
On Premise Prize
Winners will need to set up a free CoinSpot account at https://www.coinspot.com.au/register so that the Promoter can transfer the Prize (a Bitcoin).
Approximately AUD$175,000 (based on the market value of 5 x bitcoins as at 01 March 2023 and subject to market fluctuations).
For retail purchases: the Promotion is subject to any purchase limits that may apply in store.
For on-premise purchases: Limit one (1) Scratch Card permitted per person each day. Maximum of one (1) Scratch Card permitted per qualifying transaction.
The winner of the on-premise prize draw will be determined by a random number generator at 16 The Esplanade, Torquay VIC at 10am AEDT on Tuesday, 1 August 2023.
The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
Publication of Winners
All winners will be confirmed by phone and in writing within 48 hours of determination.
The winners will be published at www.betterbeer.com.au and on the Better Beer Instagram account by 4 August 2023.
Prize Claim Date
If a prize has not been claimed by 1 October 2023 at 10am AEST, the prize will be redrawn on 2 October 2023 at 3pm AEST at 16 The Esplanade, Torquay VIC. For the sake of clarity, only on-premise entrants will be entered into the unclaimed prize draw (and will be eligible to win both on-premise and retail prizes if unclaimed). The winner(s) of the redraw will be notified by phone and in writing within 48 hours of the redraw. The winner(s) will be notified publicly (and their details published) at
www.betterbeer.com.au and on the Better Beer Instagram account by 4 August 2023.
Please drink alcohol responsibly. You can read the Australian guidelines to reduce health risk from drinking alcohol published by NHMRC here:
Winners will need to set up a free CoinSpot account so that the Trader can transfer your prize (one Bitcoin) to you:
Authorised under: NSW Authority No: NSW TP/02342
Manner of resolving disputes
The winner will need to provide evidence of their winning unique code and scratch card.
Disputes can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Conditions of Entry incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for this Promotion. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
Who can enter
- Entry to the Promotion is open to residents of the Relevant State/s who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any).
- Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate family members) of the participating retail outlets, agencies and companies directly associated with this Promotion and the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Promotion. “Immediate family member” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manger, employee, officer or contractor.
How to enter
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the entry procedure during the Promotion Period.
- Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the entry procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer generated or other automated entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, entries may not be altered or deleted.
- Entrants may enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and must each separately meet any product purchase requirement specified in the entry procedure (if applicable).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Online, SMS and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
Content of entries
- Entrants must take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry.
- Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion) or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take- down any part of an entrant’s entry.
- If the Promotion is conducted via Instagram:
- a) Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- b) Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
- c) Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Instagram.
- d) Entrants release Instagram and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
How winners are determined and notified
- Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule and their name and State of residence will be published in accordance with the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the name and State of winners on their website(s) and in trade publications. By entering this Promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- The prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
- Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule.
- If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements specified in the Schedule, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified and have their names and State of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant accepts and acknowledges that the value of Bitcoin may be volatile, and the value of the prize received by the winner and the future value of the prize may be significantly less than as at the time the winner is drawn and the prize awarded. Entrants hereby acknowledge that there may be no or very limited ability to exchange Bitcoin for goods or services. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after the date of payment.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
- The winner may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered with due care and skill and that any goods supplied will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than those contained within the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of any prize and will not be responsible for breach of any such terms.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion, if the entrant:
- fails to verify their personal details and/or eligibility to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction;
- tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
- submits an entry which in the Promoter's opinion is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry;
- acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
- engages in conduct in entering the Promotion which in the Promoter’s opinion is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes where entrants share receipts or product labels to enter the Promotion or where entrants use multiple names or addresses to register multiple entries.
- Entrants must comply with the Verification Requirements. The Promoter may require entrants to provide these to the Promoter or its agent as part of the entry verification or prize claim process. Failure to provide these to the Promoter’s satisfaction will result in the relevant entry being declared invalid (and, at the Promoter’s discretion, in all of the entrant’s entries being declared invalid).
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and, except for cash prizes, cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. The value of each prize is accurate as at the time of preparation of this material. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required. If a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (or their companion(s), if applicable) must sign an indemnity and exclusion of liability form provided by the Promoter, in favour of the Promoter and all parties involved in this Promotion and/or providing the prize, before they participate in the Promotion and/or the prize. If they do not sign that form within the time specified by the Promoter, they will not be able to participate and the relevant entrant’s or winner’s entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where an entry is declared invalid prior to the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter may determine a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not or is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required.
- The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Instagram, if the Promotion is conducted via a Instagram Platform) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant’s participation in this Promotion, cancel or suspend a prize or other cease to provide any prize to a winner if the entrant or winner (or any companion) is (in the Promoter’s opinion) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaves aggressively or disruptively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Agencies and companies directly associated with this Promotion, (relating to clauses 4, 12, 24, 28, 29 & 32) include CoinSpot.